<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10907908\x26blogName\x3dThe+Daily+Exposure\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thedailyexposure.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thedailyexposure.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2682015020823999230', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


ATTENTION: this blog has moved - it can now be found at thedailyexposure.com. Please update your bookmarks/feeds as I'll no longer be updating this site. See you on the other side...

Friday, January 27, 2006

The News Steps


Nikon D70 @ 18mm, 10 sec, f/8, ISO 200


Previous · Current · Next


Sorry about the slow update, but I tried to make this post last night and forgot about blogger being down for some scheduled maintenance.

I took this shot a couple of nights ago while killing some time before meeting someone. My wander confirmed that I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find night scenes at the moment that I want to photograph. Not necessarily because I don't like the look of the scene, but because the dynamic range is often way off the scale. I know I could blend a couple of exposures if I wanted to, but I prefer to avoid that if at all possible. So I ended up only taking pictures at 2 scenes, which, for an hour and a half, seemed almost like a waste of time.

Anyway, self induced moan over!

Having said all of the above, I'm actually quite pleaseed with this shot. I think this may be another one of those shots that I don't think many people will be particularly taken by, but feel free to change my mind! This was taken at the opening to a fairly hidden lane in Edinburgh and the sign grabbed my attention as I was walking by.

7 Comments:

Blogger ShutteredEye said...

Ugh. I haven't been out to shoot allllll week. :(

It's a cool shot. But I think it lacks a bit of you normal brilliant composition. The fence and the stairs draw the eye about the frame, but the right side of the image feels a tad like wasted space.

0.02, and I'm sure someone else will feel quite differently than me, but it's not my favorite scene you've shot. ;)

2:10 pm, January 27, 2006  
Blogger bomax said...

The cold back building with the warm left building and the fall brush and lights leave it easy to be the picture and feel as if I am there.Well done

2:25 pm, January 27, 2006  
Anonymous andy said...

You have captured Edinburgh well - it is full of these hidden gems.

1:04 am, January 28, 2006  
Blogger Jetting Through Life said...

Wow! That looks so surreal... Almost like a backdrop or stage setting for a play or something.

Great picture!

8:00 pm, January 28, 2006  
Anonymous Phil said...

I like it, and it does look like a hidden gem. Its nice that the area/steps have a name.

5:40 pm, January 29, 2006  
Blogger John said...

Thanks for all the comments - apologies for my slow responses these days!

12:14 am, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miley cyrus nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mileycyrus]miley cyrus nude[/url] paris hilton nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/parishilt]paris hilton nude[/url] kim kardashian nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kimkardashian45]kim kardashian nude[/url] kim kardashian nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/celebst]kim kardashian nude[/url]

12:30 am, January 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home